If you’re looking for angel investors, then I have a resource list for you. This is a tiny fraction of good resources, more a “start-here” list than a good list.
- Start with gust.com’s knowledge section. Gust.com (pronounced like a gust of wind) is a platform for angel investment, grouping together several hundred angel investor groups and thousands of angel investors. The knowledge section there includes a great collection of useful short videos from experts, and a blog (on which I’m proud to say I post often). And gust.com is free, by the way, at least free for you and me. Some investors — but a small minority of them — pay.
- Look at the angel investment category on my Planning Startups Stories blog. I’ve been posting there since 2007, and perhaps more relevant to this list, since I joined an angel investment group in 2009.
- Look at Angel List, and then do a web search for blog posts and articles about Angel List.
- Get into quora’s section on angel investors. Great questions, great answers.
- And of course, look here too, on bplans.com. Don’t assume last is least.
And keep this in mind, as you’re looking: angel investment works for a small percentage of good companies that are not just interesting businesses, but also interesting businesses to outside investors. Read up on what angel investors invest in, then take a good look at your business, and ask yourself whether it fits that mold. Be honest with yourself when you answer.
This article is part of our Business Funding Guide: fund your business today, with Bplans.Click here to join the conversation (1 Comments)
Like this article? Please share it:
How LivePlan makes your business more successful
If you're writing a business plan, you're in luck. Online business planning software makes it easier than ever before to put together a business plan for your business.
As you'll see in a moment, LivePlan is more than just business plan software, though. It's a knowledgable guide combined with a professional designer coupled with a financial wizard. It'll help you get over the three most common business hurdles with ease.
Let's take a look at those common hurdles, and see how producing a top-notch business plan sets your business up for success.Click to continue