If you’re looking for angel investors, then I have a resource list for you. This is a tiny fraction of good resources, more a “start-here” list than a good list.
- Start with gust.com’s knowledge section. Gust.com (pronounced like a gust of wind) is a platform for angel investment, grouping together several hundred angel investor groups and thousands of angel investors. The knowledge section there includes a great collection of useful short videos from experts, and a blog (on which I’m proud to say I post often). And gust.com is free, by the way, at least free for you and me. Some investors — but a small minority of them — pay.
- Look at the angel investment category on my Planning Startups Stories blog. I’ve been posting there since 2007, and perhaps more relevant to this list, since I joined an angel investment group in 2009.
- Look at Angel List, and then do a web search for blog posts and articles about Angel List.
- Get into quora’s section on angel investors. Great questions, great answers.
- And of course, look here too, on bplans.com. Don’t assume last is least.
And keep this in mind, as you’re looking: angel investment works for a small percentage of good companies that are not just interesting businesses, but also interesting businesses to outside investors. Read up on what angel investors invest in, then take a good look at your business, and ask yourself whether it fits that mold. Be honest with yourself when you answer.Click here to join the conversation (1 Comments)
Like this article? Please share it:
How LivePlan makes your business more successful
If you're writing a business plan, you're in luck. Online business planning software makes it easier than ever before to put together a business plan for your business.
As you'll see in a moment, LivePlan is more than just business plan software, though. It's a knowledgable guide combined with a professional designer coupled with a financial wizard. It'll help you get over the three most common business hurdles with ease.
Let's take a look at those common hurdles, and see how producing a top-notch business plan sets your business up for success.Click to continue