Don’t get so wrapped up in work that you forget to stay up with the current events of the business world! Amid all of the chaos, grab a cup of Joe and take a short reading break.
1. Today’s shameless self-promotion moment: The New York Times conducted an insightful Q&A with Palo Alto Software CEO, Sabrina Parsons, detailing her grueling experience working for a digital startup and how she approaches company culture.
2. When the Yankees inked Alex Rodriguez for a record 10-year, $275 million contract, we all knew it would bite them in the butt. Signing a 32-year-old man to a guaranteed contract until he is 42? This year, A-Rod will get paid more than the entire Astros team. Forbes highlights Rodriguez’s nightmare contract, his even more nightmarish recent performance and other high-paying contracts around the MLB.
3. UAE’s Dubai is a beacon of wealth and the metropolitan lifestyle. Home of elaborate sports arenas and the world’s largest skyscraper, Dubai even wants its police to roll in style. CNN reports that Dubai police added a Lamborghini Aventador to their force, unofficially making Dubai the worst place to conduct street races in the world. The price tag on the customized Lambo? Approximately $500,000 dollars.
4. The man, the myth, the pioneer of the bald-guy-with-glasses look Seth Godin spoke to Entrepreneur about his new book “Icarus Deception,” and why he believes business leaders should think like artists.
5. Jay-Z is already a one-man dynasty and he’s not slowing pace. He recently announced selling his ownership of the Brooklyn Nets, to start Roc Nation sports, a sports agency firm. Even though he sold the Nets, Jigga’s still going to make money from them through his part ownership of the Barclays Center, Forbes reports.Click here to join the conversation (1 Comments)
Like this article? Please share it:
How LivePlan makes your business more successful
If you're writing a business plan, you're in luck. Online business planning software makes it easier than ever before to put together a business plan for your business.
As you'll see in a moment, LivePlan is more than just business plan software, though. It's a knowledgable guide combined with a professional designer coupled with a financial wizard. It'll help you get over the three most common business hurdles with ease.
Let's take a look at those common hurdles, and see how producing a top-notch business plan sets your business up for success.Click to continue