Don’t get so wrapped up in work that you forget to stay up with the current events of the business world! Amid all of the chaos, grab a cup of Joe and take a short reading break.
1. If you haven’t heard about the Amy’s Baking Company fiasco, please look into it. It’s probably the most hilarious and frightening online meltdown in business history. After appearing on an episode of “Kitchen Nightmares,” where they were so awful Gordon Ramsay fired them, The couple received a lot of flak on their Facebook page. Instead of just accepting it and moving on, they lashed out to the online community in an unprecedented manner. Forbes wrote up a few things that we all could learn from their meltdown.
2. Happy news: Bloomberg reports that small-business optimism rose in April to a six-month high. Happy small businesses = a happier USA.
3. Enough happiness: Inc.com put together a list of seven employees you should fire now. I hope I’m not one of those …
4. Think you’re an innovator? Fast Company compiled a list of the 100 most creative people in business in 2013. Are you going to make this list one day?
5. Online hiring tools have completely changed the game. If you’re finding yourself at a loss, read the New York Times’ article on how to make use of all these online services.
Like this article? Please share it:
How LivePlan makes your business more successful
If you're writing a business plan, you're in luck. Online business planning software makes it easier than ever before to put together a business plan for your business.
As you'll see in a moment, LivePlan is more than just business plan software, though. It's a knowledgable guide combined with a professional designer coupled with a financial wizard. It'll help you get over the three most common business hurdles with ease.
Let's take a look at those common hurdles, and see how producing a top-notch business plan sets your business up for success.Click to continue