Don’t get so wrapped up in work that you forget to stay up with the current events of the business world! Amid all of the chaos, grab a cup of Joe and take a short reading break.
1. A few weeks ago, I wrote an article telling leaders not to do try to do everything because they’ll end up doing nothing. Inc. Magazine contributor Vanessa Merit Nornberg also spoke on this issue, instead insisting that entrepreneurs do everything in their business because it allows them to see what problems there are in the different operations. She has some great points — entrepreneurs shouldn’t literally do everything, but they should be familiar enough with what their teams are doing, so that they can address structural and cyclical issues within their roles and jobs.
2. If you were wondering what you do wrong that people aren’t telling you, check out this article. Some things are just too close to home or awkward for employees to tell you they don’t like them.
3. There’s no magic formula for coming up with good business ideas — but that doesn’t mean there isn’t any formula to coming up with good business ideas, Wall Street Journal reports. This is a really great read, especially if you’ve got the entrepreneurial bug but don’t have a business idea yet.
4. The New York Times tells us why small businesses should hire consultants under certain conditions. Many small businesses want nothing to with them, but they can be a big part of getting the growth you need.
5. Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’re probably neck-high in Google Glass hype. Tech sites, social media and word-of-mouth have been going crazy over this — you can even follow our own Zack Price telling you about his Google Glass experience. But, with all of this hype in the tech world, will Google Glass go mainstream? Wired criticizes Google Glass, saying that, much like the Segway, Bluetooth and pocket protectors, it’s too lame and logical. What do you think?
Like this article? Please share it:
How LivePlan makes your business more successful
If you're writing a business plan, you're in luck. Online business planning software makes it easier than ever before to put together a business plan for your business.
As you'll see in a moment, LivePlan is more than just business plan software, though. It's a knowledgable guide combined with a professional designer coupled with a financial wizard. It'll help you get over the three most common business hurdles with ease.
Let's take a look at those common hurdles, and see how producing a top-notch business plan sets your business up for success.Click to continue