Don’t get so wrapped up in work that you forget to stay up with the current events of the business world! Amid all of the chaos, grab a cup of Joe and take a short reading break.
1. Entrepreneurship isn’t defined solely by owning your own business. Today, it has evolved into a state of mind. Entrepreneur shared a fascinating infographic showing how many people call themselves entrepreneurs, even though they don’t have a business.
2. Here’s something to consider before you pile on more and more work on your employees: On Inc.com, a study from Ernest & Young “found that pushing your team to meet tough targets with fewer resources and less compensation raises the risk for unethical behavior including bribery and number fudging.”
… Basically, if you try to cheat your employees into doing more with less, they’ll cheat you by giving you less within more. So don’t do that.
3. Selfish me: I’m graduating from college soon, so I found this slideshow really interesting. Forbes gathered 19 pieces of post-college advice from a handful of people with a lot more money than you.
4. Speaking of graduation, Businessweek gave some insight on how small business owners can recruit the best and brightest of the class of 2013. Sorry, folks, I’m taken.
5. If we had a dollar for every time we heard someone say “I’m underpaid,” we’d all be overpaid. Business Insider featured an article last week, explaining why everyone thinks they are underpaid.