At least, that’s one of the foundations of Quantified Self, a movement with a growing global following. Self-quantifiers track everything from calories to social influence, finding significance and self-transformation in the sea of data points.
So what’s in it for entrepreneurs? You already track sales, market reach, expenses, and other metrics in your business plan. Now, tracking your own activity can give you valuable insight into what’s helping you succeed as an entrepreneur – and where you could be more efficient. Here are five lifestyle metrics to pay closer attention to, and the most popular apps and tools to help you keep track.
- Time. For those who have ever wondered what happened to the day (or the week, or the month), self-quantification may offer some answers. Apps like Daytum allow you to input, directly or using Twitter, the time you spend on various activities. Set goals and share them with the community to see how you’re doing.
- Relationships. Who do you know and how do you know them? Whether you’re planning an online marketing campaign or are simply curious, self-quantification tools can help you analyze your connections. LinkedIn‘s map feature is fun and beautiful, but for a cold, hard look at where you stand in your network, try Klout. It offers a ranking of your social media influence based on your activity in several networks.
- Sleep. The Self-Quantification Guide offers many devices to track your REM cycles and dream patterns, but a simple record might tell you all you need to know. Take some notes: Did you need your alarm? How long did you sleep? How many times did you wake up? Employ a spreadsheet to look for recurring sleep issues and take steps to resolve them.
- Diet. What goes in your stomach affects your energy, immune function, even your lifespan. Will admitting to the world that you ate a pint of ice cream 5 out of 7 days this week help or hurt your habit? You don’t know until you try! Twitter and Tumbler are quick and easy ways to record what you eat every day. Take it even further with apps that monitor bites and calories.
- Mood. A customer demanded a return on a product after running over it with his truck. How do you feel? Using MoodPanda, you can track and monitor your ability to deal with the stresses of entrepreneurship and know when you’re pushing yourself too far. With daily inputs and a supportive online community, MoodPanda is like having a therapy app in your phone.
The success of your business depends on your ability to function at your fullest every day. Take advantage of the technology you carry around in your pocket to discover what makes you tick. You may be surprised at what you find.
How LivePlan makes your business more successful
If you're writing a business plan, you're in luck. Online business planning software makes it easier than ever before to put together a business plan for your business.
As you'll see in a moment, LivePlan is more than just business plan software, though. It's a knowledgable guide combined with a professional designer coupled with a financial wizard. It'll help you get over the three most common business hurdles with ease.
Let's take a look at those common hurdles, and see how producing a top-notch business plan sets your business up for success.Click to continue