I’m looking forward to Barbara Weltman’s new book Smooth Failing for several reasons:
- I like the premise, learning from failure and mistakes. I believe one problem in the world of writing about entrepreneurship is the way we celebrate successes and hide failures.
Through extensive interviews with entrepreneurs whose ventures fail for a variety of reasons—some stunningly unexpected, some painfully inevitable—Weltman gleans valuable insights about the small mistakes that can lead to large-scale catastrophe. “Smooth Failing” seeks to save many readers from similar disasters—while empowering those who are learning from failures and adversity to bounce back stronger and wiser on the often rocky road to success.
- One of the chapters is about me, a disastrous mistake I made, and the lessons I learned. I’m not denying that having my own chapter makes me like a book. I’m human.
- Barbara writes very well and really knows business. She’s not just an analyst and commentator—she also runs her successful expert business at BarbaraWeltman.com. She does a high-quality radio show, a tip-of-the-day newsletter, and good work.
- I’m fascinated by the idea of the “living book,” meaning that it’s a book with built-in updates in the future.
- I like the title.
- I’ve read the book—I got an advance copy—and it’s really good.
The book will be available in a couple of weeks, and the links here are taking pre-orders.
And here’s my thought for the day: Feed your soul with your successes, and your brain with your failures.
How LivePlan makes your business more successful
If you're writing a business plan, you're in luck. Online business planning software makes it easier than ever before to put together a business plan for your business.
As you'll see in a moment, LivePlan is more than just business plan software, though. It's a knowledgable guide combined with a professional designer coupled with a financial wizard. It'll help you get over the three most common business hurdles with ease.
Let's take a look at those common hurdles, and see how producing a top-notch business plan sets your business up for success.Click to continue