You don’t have to do a formal business plan to get the benefit of business planning. Why not start the planning process today; or, if you’ve done a plan in the past, reinvigorate the planning process. Real planning is modular, and iterative, not step by step. Here are some things you could do today.
- Set a review schedule now. When are you going to double back and look at results? Put a date on it.
- Develop assumptions. List them.
- Review or develop your strategy, the heart of any plan. How are you different, what are you better at? Who are you selling to, and who isn’t your market? What are you not doing, and why is that important?
- Review or develop milestones: dates, deadlines, activities, budgets, and who’s responsible.
- Develop your basic numbers, and write them down: sales forecast, expense budgets.
And don’t feel compelled to do all of these today if you can’t. Do just one. Pick a card. Start anywhere, and get going. One step at a time; and you choose which step.
Like this article? Please share it:
How LivePlan makes your business more successful
If you're writing a business plan, you're in luck. Online business planning software makes it easier than ever before to put together a business plan for your business.
As you'll see in a moment, LivePlan is more than just business plan software, though. It's a knowledgable guide combined with a professional designer coupled with a financial wizard. It'll help you get over the three most common business hurdles with ease.
Let's take a look at those common hurdles, and see how producing a top-notch business plan sets your business up for success.Click to continue