1) I don’t know how I missed this one last week, but it’s too good to pass up. The Wall Street Journal reported that male CEOs who had deep, Barry White-esque voices earned $187,000 more and ran companies with $440 million more in assets. Maybe I should start talking with a little more bass …
2) Are you looking to hire a creative? Check out Inc. Magazine’s “7 characteristics of highly creative people.” Are highly creative people a huge pain in the buns, or is this an unjustified stereotype?
3) Shameless self-promotion moment: If you didn’t get a chance to read my interview with Portland rap legend Cool Nutz, please do. He gives a detailed account of his rise to success, the secrets of his business model, and what he thinks is wrong with a lot of young musicians.
4) Understanding happiness: A 75-year Harvard study discovered a positive correlation between the amount of warm relationships you have in your life, and the income you make. But which causes which?
5) This week’s heart-warmer: Entrepreneur reported that 70 percent of small businesses said they purchase goods and services from other small businesses, and that they support and donate to their local communities. It’s so great that small businesses are linking together through these tough times and trying to develop their communities. It makes what we do seem that much more important.