Joe Stump, CEO and founder of SimpleGeo, put together this slide deck on starting your startup. 99% of the presentation is key for anyone starting a business. The other 1% is for people starting a technology startup.

Choosing your technology stack is one of many decisions you’ll have to make when creating a company from scratch. Along with this, you’ll need to figure out who you should found a company with, who you should take money from, what the company culture should be, management processes, and who to hire when. Joe will be covering basic technology stack choices (cloud v. hosted, frameworks, etc.) as well as other critical decisions one faces when starting a startup.

Key Takeaways

  • Starting a company is really hard. Don’t start a company unless it’s an obsession and something you really love.
  • Choose your partner wisely.
  • Focus on the problem.
  • Focus on a single use case that addresses the problem.
  • Listen to your customers.
  • Question your initial assumptions.
  • Implementation takes time.

Check out Joe’s full slide deck from his presentation on Slideshare.

AvatarKai Davis

You should follow Kai on Twitter and read his personal blog where he writes about strategy, marketing, entrepreneurship, experiments, and victory.