Well, Tax Day is upon us, and hopefully you’ve gotten your forms filled, your returns filed, and you’ve got a nice refund on the way. With all things fiscal in the air, it’s a good time to think about your company’s legal structure, and how that’s affecting your business tax status.
There are both legal and tax-related distinctions to different business types. Read these Bplans articles from the experts at Nolo to make sure you are structuring your business to use those differences for your benefit:
- How Sole Proprietors are Taxed
- How Corporations are Taxed
- How Limited Liability Companies (LLCs) Are Taxed
- How Partnerships are Taxed
- Earning Income as a Nonprofit Corporation
Sara Prentice Manela