- Do you like planning a vacation? Do you book the flights, reserve the hotels, and look at the restaurants?Does having that plan lock you in, or cut into your flexibility?
- Do you like planning a party? Do you plan the meals, drinks, entertainment, and who’s coming? Does having that plan lock you in, or cut into your flexibility?
- In your business, do you plan events? Marketing? Product launches? Meetings? Does planning these things improve them? Does it improve the results?
- Are you in business for yourself because you like what you do? Is your business supposed to make you happier? Do you like working in your business?
If you answered yes to some, most, or all of those questions, then let me ask you these two related questions:
- Do you think about your business a lot? Do you care about doing it better, improving it, making it better?
- Do you plan your business?
The disconnect here is that too many people think of “the business plan” as a daunting unpleasant task, and its results as a document. I say planning your business is something you should like to do, but it shouldn’t be as hard as the big document. It should be about strategy, milestones, activities, responsibilities, and projected sales, profits, and cash flow. It’s not a document, it’s what’s going to happen.
If you don’t like planning your business, keep your day job.Click here to join the conversation (2 Comments)
Like this article? Please share it:
How LivePlan makes your business more successful
If you're writing a business plan, you're in luck. Online business planning software makes it easier than ever before to put together a business plan for your business.
As you'll see in a moment, LivePlan is more than just business plan software, though. It's a knowledgable guide combined with a professional designer coupled with a financial wizard. It'll help you get over the three most common business hurdles with ease.
Let's take a look at those common hurdles, and see how producing a top-notch business plan sets your business up for success.Click to continue